- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 20x20 baking dish with baking paper
Roast the sliced veggies in the oven for around 25-30 mins, until they’re a little crispy
Whisk the eggs with salt and black pepper
Heat a small frying pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and gently soften the onion for 5 mins, stirring occasionally
Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins, then add the eggs and stir through
Arrange a layer of sweet potato and carrot round slices on the base of the lined baking dish
Add half of the rocket, half of the lentils and pour half of the egg mix over
Arrange a layer of courgette and aubergine slices, add the red pepper followed by the rest of the rocket, lentils and then egg mix, before layering with a final topping of any remaining roasted veggies
Place in the oven and cook for 50 mins, then allow to cool before serving
Cut into squares and enjoy - or pop into your picnic basket for a little later!
Veggie & Lentil Frittata Bites
Plenty of plant-based diversity in this one! Picnic-perfect for feeding those microbes this summer.
I used the veggies below, but you can swap for any of your favourites or leftovers begging to be used up. Just make sure there’s some variety! It's super easy, full of flavour and fibre, and a great way to add some extra veggies into your meals.
- 1 sweet potato finely sliced
- 1 large carrot finely sliced
- 1 courgette (zucchini) finely sliced
- 1 aubergine (eggplant) finely sliced into moons
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) chopped into small cubes
- a handful of rocket
- 200g tinned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 eggs (I use free-range)
- 1/2 tsp salt & black pepper